The White Picket Fence

by Onyi Kokelu

   Is it just me or has the world always been this crazy?
   As I sit here, in the backyard in this not so comfortable lawn chair, I gaze at the scene in front of my big brown almost black eyes. I see beautiful trees, green grass and a few weeds here and there. In the distance I hear a lawnmower going.
   It is just an average day in October.
   The ironic thing is when I cross this white fence it’s like the real world sets in. I have to ask myself: how can we reside in an earth and a place that is so beautiful, and yet the people who inhabit it are such heathens?
   Then I have to sit back and think not everyone can sit in their backyard and gaze from the white picket fence because they live in a concrete jungle. I can’t say I understand how you feel but I can say you must remember: always strive for something better because the grass is always greener on the other side of the white pick fence.

Comments