In an effort to help students overcome barriers to accessing and succeeding in higher education, St. Louis Community College has teamed up with the Missouri Department of Higher Education to host three Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Frenzy events.
The events will be conducted on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 -- 10 a.m.-noon, Room 209 at the William J. Harrison Education Center, 3140 Cass Ave.
- Sunday, Nov. 13 – 2- 4 p.m., Computer Labs B125 and B127 in the Business Building, STLCC-Florissant Valley, 3400 Pershall Road
- Thursday, Dec. 8 -- 6:30-8:30 p.m., Multipurpose Room at STLCC-Wildwood, 2645 Generations Drive
During these events, students will receive free professional assistance completing the FASFA -- the primary form used by federal, state and institutional financial assistance programs to determine an individual’s eligibility for grants, loans, works-study and scholarships. Any student, regardless of where he or she intends to pursue his or her education, is invited to attend.
Those who plan to attend should bring the following to a FAFSA Frenzy event:
- Student and parent FSA ID information.
- List of schools to which the student has applied, been accepted, or is interested in attending.
- Student and parent 2015 W-2 forms and/or tax return copies. Parental information is required for most undergraduate students under the age of 24.
Each year, FAFSA Frenzy helps thousands of Missouri students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. In addition to STLCC’s events, high schools, postsecondary institutions and community organizations across the state will serve as FAFSA Frenzy sites through Jan. 31, 2017.
New this year, the 2017-18 FAFSA will be available as early as Oct. 1, 2016, rather than beginning on Jan. 1, 2017. This change enables students who plan to attend college from July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 to complete and submit their FAFSA forms using income and tax information from 2015.
For more information, follow this link.