Obsessed with Hallmark Christmas movies?



Why are we so obsessed with Hallmark Christmas movies? 
By Angel Blake

Why are we so obsessed with Hallmark Christmas movies? Is it because they create a sense of safety and comfort? Or because they ignite a craving for home that we never knew we had? 
Or maybe because they relate with us in a way that hasn’t been reached in a while.  

I can sit down and watch a Hallmark Christmas Movie with my cousin who I haven’t seen in months, or my husband who thinks he’s tough.  

My friends and I recently watched a Hallmark Christmas movie together. It was called “pride, prejudice, and mistletoe.” At first, we were flipping the channels back and forth between the movie and football. Finally, towards the end of the movie, we switched over to Football and my guy friend jumped up yelling, “No, wait, no! We gotta finish this movie.” We all laughed because he had obviously gotten super into the movie and didn’t even care about watching football anymore.  

My favorite part about is when everything comes together, usually towards the end of the movie. It starts snowing and there’s usually a Christmas song playing & all the characters are falling into place. It doesn’t really feel like the holidays until I’ve watched my first Hallmark Christmas movie & once I watch that first movie, I don’t really stop watching until after the holidays! 

Comments